Monday, January 10, 2011

The Retaliating Tongue

Day 17 of Taming the Tongue and Renewing Your Mind

The Retaliating Tongue
(1Peter 3:9) "Don't repay evil for evil. Don't retaliate when people say unkind things about you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing.  That is what God wants you to do, and he will bless you for it. There is nothing as easy as verbal retaliation. Of course, the thrll of it is only a fleeting pleasure, for those who love GOD, the remorse for succumbing to this sin tends to linger. Retaliation used to be one of my biggest challenges. Thats why I praise GOD for his Holy Spirit who convicts, guides, and works in me to do his good pleasure. I have made a concious effort in my life to take the high road in every situation in which someone attempts to criticize, diminish,or disparage me in any way. Satan has presented me with many opportunities to practice my desired behavior. While I do not recall an instance of returning a negative reponse directly to someone,  I get the victory when I refuse to dignify the person's remarks with any comments and refrain from discussing the matter with anyone. Sometimes we want people to know or feel our hurt or the wrong being done but GOD told me He got it. Let it all the way go and He will fight it for me. Don't keep reliving the wrong. Satan has tried to taunt me and tried to make me feel like a wimp.  Sometimes u feel like a door mat. I grew up not taking anything from anyone.  I would try make to make u feel the way u made me feel. Give u a dose of ur own treatment. However , as I study the word or GOD, it deals with conflict. Management, the root word "Retaliate"is to return the punishment. The Bible is very clear in admonishing us to avoid retaliation(Romans12:17-19). Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Do your part to live in peace with everyone as much as possible. Dear friends, never avenge youself. Leave that to GOD for it is written, I will take vengenace; I will repay those who deserve it; says the Lord. I know if I strike out it will be because I have ignored the holy spirit and made a decision to take GOD'S job by returing the punishment.  I know I have to stay humble. I have to have a desire to understand other person's behavior and have a commmitment to obey and glorify GOD. Sometimes I DECLARE a "JESUS DAY"-and make every effort on that day to do what Jesus would do and what Jesus would say. Now I know this should be our lifestyle as a child of GOD. However I challenge you to take this up and see your self grow mighty in GOD. Be mindful of the fact that when you decide that it is your personal reponsibility to not avenge the wrongs perpetrated against u, then u have crossed the boundary into forbidden territory.
(Today's Affirmation)
I will not repay evil for evil or insult with insult, but with blessings,so I can be blessed. Unforgiveness and anger is a blessing blocker. You can't affort to have no blessings blocked  so let's get it togeather. Love not hate, peace not war. Tomorrow is not promised so correct ur wrong. Go make up or say u're sorry to someone that may have done u wrong. Just stand up, open ur mouth and be the bigger person. It's not about us but is all about him, JESUS.  He died 4 us, we owe him! Amen
Be blessed! !Love you!
If u r fasting, with us keep praying. U can do it! Watch the results. We win! Stay focused and watch my GOD move!!

No comments:

Post a Comment