Friday, January 14, 2011

The Loquacious Tongue

Words of wisdom

Day 20 of Taming the Tongue and Renewing your Mind

The Loquacious Tongue

Proverbs 10:19, “When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.”  Have you ever talked to someone who seemed to have diarrhea of the mouth? On and on they go from one topic to another. While it is generally concluded that females have cornered the market on this use of the tongue, men can be guilty too! The Apostle Paul admonished that the proper word for this malady is “loquaciousness”.  It’s just a big word for motor mouth.  I Thessalonians 4:11, “that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands…”,  implies a striving or intense effort. It will take some work to overcome this entrenched habit. Make your talking count to build up, not tear down.  I try to be a woman of few words that don't mean anything but just talk. I love to talk about the goodness of God. Stop looking for negative conversions.  Let's grow up! The bible warns of this, to remember your tongue, fast!

Today’s Affirmation:

When my words are many, sin is not absent, but when I hold my tongue, I am considered wise.
Luv u all! Be blessed in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment